August 22, 2016
August 16, 2016
1. Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice about you. Wear nice shoes.
2. If you sit for more than 11 hours a day, there's a 50% chance you'll die within the next 3 years
3. There are at least 6 people in the world who look exactly like you. There's a 9% chance that you'll meet one of them in your lifetime.
4. Sleeping without a pillow reduces back pain and keeps your spine stronger.
5. A person's height is determined by their father, and their weight is determined by their mother.
6. If a part of your body "falls asleep", you can almost always "wake it up" by shaking your head.
7. There are three things the human brain cannot resist noticing - Food, attractive people and danger
8. Right-handed people tend to chew food on their right side
9. Putting dry tea bags in gym bags or smelly shoes will absorb the unpleasant odour.
10. According to Albert Einstein, if honey bees were to disappear from earth, humans would be dead within 4 years.
11. There are so many kind of apples, that if you ate a new one everyday, it would take over 20 years to try them all.
12. You can survive without eating for weeks, but you will only live 11 days without sleeping.
13. People who laugh a lot are healthier than those who don't.
14. Laziness and inactivity kills just as many people as smoking.
15. A human brain has a capacity to store 5 times as much information as Wikipedia
16. Our brain uses same amount power as 10-watt light bulb!!
17. Our body gives enough heat in 30 mins to boil 1.5 litres of water!!
18. Stomach acid (conc. HCl) is strong enough to dissolve razor blades!!
19. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. & while you walk, SMILE. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
Hello Everyone out there,
I am having an incredible time with my Little nephews and my cute niece this Summer. It is such a great pleasure spending time with little ones and to spend time outdoors. There is a heavy heat wave in chennai which keeps the chennaiates indoors. I Plucked some Pink bougainvilleas and Gulmohar Flowers on the way to my office.
Gulmohar Flowers reminds me of a special time of summer that i spent with my sweet little sister in the childhood days. I love the flowers for its bright colour of fire. We used to play with the buds of these fire flowers. I always feel nostalgic when I see them in summer season.
Bougainvillea is my recent love, i just fallen in love with those bright pink fellows in full bloom near my office. i need forgot to shower a smile or a wish in the mornings as well as evenings when i pass through the way.
Some history about various area names in Chennai
* Syed Shah Pettai has become “Saidapet”
* In 17,18-th centuries this area was under control of a Nawab and this was the garden were his horses were resting and getting fed. So it was called "Ghoda bagh" (Horse Garden). It later became “Kodambakkam”
* Armoured Vehicles And Depot of India became “Avadi” (AVADI)
* Several Chrome leather factories in the region resulted in this area being called “Chrompet”
* This area was full of coconut trees. Therefore named as “tennampettai”. It was later changed as “Teynampet”
* Urdu word “che baug” (six gardens) became “Chepauk”.
* Saundara Pandian bazaar became “Pondy Bazaar”
* “vilva marankal” area with the flowers used for the Lord known as Mahavilvam over time has become “Mambalam”
* pallavapuram became “Pallavaram”.
* Madras Presidency head was Panagal Raja at one point and based on his name, the park was named as “Panagal Park”
* Based on name of Justice party leader Sir. Thiagarajan Chettiar, the area is known as “T Nagar”
* “Purasai” trees were in abundance in the region, leading it to be called “Purasaiwalkam”
* “Puspakavalli” in Sanskrit due to the large amount of Jasmine plants / trees in the region became “puviruntavalli” in tamil to get transformed as “Poondamali” now.
* In the 17th century, a Muslim saint who lived here 'kunankuti Mastan Sahib'. Thondi was his native town in Ramanathapuram district. Therefore, the local people called him tontiyar. That's the current areas known as “Tondiarpet”.
* Before the area was used for feeding cattle. So called as Mandai veli before becoming “Mandaveli”
* Peacock were roaming freely in the area leading it to be called Mayilai puram and later becoming “Mylapore”
* Pallavas used to conduct or wage wars in the region now known as “Porur”
* Bamboo (Perambu) trees were throughout the region was a few hundred years ago, now known as “Perambur”.
* Based on Thirusula nathar temple area became “Thirusulam”. (BTW Trident hotel name came from the same source.. Trident means Thirusulam).
* The pond with lots of lilies opposite to Parthasarathy temple was known as Thiru allikkeni transformed itself to “Triplicane”
* Thomas Parry used to do business in this area. He gained the respect from people resulting in the name “Parry’s Corner”. That is also why it is not “Paris Corner”
*This area had many Neem trees around a big lake in Tamil Neem+Lake is Veepa+yeri this is now called Vepery
August 3, 2016
July 26, 2016
Pot Mural is one of the beautiful art. Making a ordinary pot into a wonderful home decor. It's a wonderful art. Recently I found these pot Murals while Googling on net. Mesmerized by its beauty.
A simple pot or a plain vase turned out to be a wonderful show piece because of some creative hands.it can kept in any corner of the house or can be decoded as a centre piece on a table.So I thought of sharing it with more creative people out there. As Iam also crazy crafter some leasure day i will also try to make such wonders soon.
Lady in blue side face with Bal Krishna.
Look at the cute little bal krishna, neatly crafted on the vase with loads of jewellery
Another creative piece of Bal Krishna in front view looks so cute and creative
Look at the beauties with dashing red on the vases that fascinated me very much. The jewellery is so beautifully moulded with vibrant colours and it is jewel for any corner of the house.
Here is another Pretty young girl very well crafted with long hair.
Lord Krishna Playing flute on the vase. look at his crown how intricately designed and painted.
Lady with a hair accessories and red saree with green pallu
All Pot murals in a row.
Orangy Orangy on the vase...